Get PINK ON PURPOSE

Get PINK ON PURPOSE
GET PINK ON PURPOSE

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Writer's Workshop - Meet My Good Friends...

                              Welcome to another round of Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop!




For those of you not familiar with the Writer's Workshop it is basically a way to get new and perhaps even thought provoking blogging topics out there. Bloggers are encouraged to write a post using one of the topics listed for that week and then link it to the posts other bloggers have made using the same list of topics. Not only does this help to get the proverbial creative juices flowing, but it helps the blogging community to get to know another as well...

So, on to this week's topics of choice... for me, at least!

5.) Name a celebrity you would like to be your "in real life" friend. What makes him or her a perfect match for you?


The crazy thing about this subject is that I really and truly was discussing this just the other day with BratChild and HeMan Hubby... 
and not at the same time, but on 2 separate occasions within the same week..
So, this must really be the topic of which I must blog...

So just who is it that I would like to be my real life friend... celebrity-wise that is?
Well, I already know some real celebrities, but we're not close, at least not any more...

Ask any of my family members who my celeb friends would be and they will tell you straight away without having to take a breath ...

Paula Deen and Rachel Ray, of course! 

Every time I see Paula on TV or in a store display I say, 
"oh, look! It's my good friend Paula Deen!"

Because seriously, you all, if I lived in the Savannah area Paula and I would be friends...

There's just something about her sense of humor and sense of self...
that I admire and somehow make me feel like I could be myself around her and she would still be my friend...
But then, she is a charismatic woman who has made her fortune by making people feel good ... 
albeit with food...
so good in fact that they readily shell out great sums of money for the privilege of eating food prepared by Paula Deen...

I would stop by her house and whip up a batch of cookies or a butter rum cake...
we would discuss the merits of champagne vs. sparkling wine in a Mimosa...
and whether or not there is such a thing as too much rum in / on a rum cake, really?
Now that is a lady that I think I could be great friends with.

Rachel Ray, if I lived in New York, would be my good friend.
I can see she and I sitting on a sofa, in jeans and a raggedy sweat shirt from a university neither of us actually attended, sans socks...
drinking some Yellowtail Merlot or Shiraz from the totally wrong kind of goblet...
while eating popcorn and raisinets...
watching Steel Magnolias or It's a Wonderful Life on an all-day marathon.

We would just hang out and talk about nothing...
and everything...
marriage...
work...
and recipes...

What kind of sauce with calamari?
Remoulade or marinara?

Tempura batter or panko breading on that calamari or catfish bites?



 I think the reason that both of these lovely ladies appeals to me, 
draws me in and makes me feel like they could be my Very Good Friend...








Is that they seem to be exactly what they portray themselves to be...
regular people with regular lives...
who are famous...
who just happen to have found a way to make a living doing something that they love...

just like me...
aside from the famous part...
and minus the making a living doing something that I love part...

Other than that...
My Very Good Friends, Paula Deen and Rachel Ray, and I have a lot in common...

Or at least I think we will...
if we ever actually lived near one another...
and had the chance to hang out together...
and actually had something in common...

Yeah...
THEN we would be the very best of friends! 

4 comments:

Linda said...

Honestly, the best thing about Mama Kat's is finding people like you who are SO creative and entertaining! I am so prosaic, I rarely ever think creatively, hence the reason I started blogging! I was TRYING to become better at writing...then I read blogs like yours and I know I probably won't get that good in my lifetime! But, I do enjoy the effort, and I absolutely love reading posts like yours! Great job - thanks for the smiles today!

Kristy @Loveandblasphemy said...

Smart choice! Good friends AND good food.

Tiffany said...

Fantastic post. I never would have thought of either of those ladies that way. :)

Lacey S said...

I'd be really REALLY grateful if you would invite me over to Paula's house with you someday. I mean, you know, if you ever get down to Savannah and become friends with her. I have this feeling she and I would be great friends as well!