Get PINK ON PURPOSE

Get PINK ON PURPOSE
GET PINK ON PURPOSE

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

If it's not one thing .... it's THE DOG

On our trip south for the New Year holiday we visited my sister in law.
She was planning to move to a new city in a different state and could not take THE DOG with her.

THE DOG originally came from us. He was a rescue. I got him from a patient who went into a coma leaving her 3 dogs without a home.

Actually, the schnauzers had homes, but THE DOG? He had been to 3 homes and been returned in the course of about 6 weeks.

He is part mini-dachshund and part regular dachshund. This means he has a regular sized body on itty-bitty little legs.

Because of this he was beat up on by the dogs in the other homes he went to before I took him in. The poor thing was terrified of other dogs, even our 8 week old lab puppy who was half his size!

We took a trip our trip South with both the dogs that year and my brother in law fell in love with THE DOG, so he stayed.
When my brother in law died 2 years ago HeMan Hubby said we would take THE DOG back if it ever became necessary.

Well, apparently it became necessary. And I found out like the day before we were supposed to take him home with us!

THE DOG is now 10. He is accustomed to the warmer climes of the south so he has football jerseys, a winter coat and hat to keep him warm. Yes, I have a dog with a wardrobe!

THE DOG
Remember how I said he has short little legs?

Evidently he has also become accustomed to living in a one level house.
He spent yesterday moaning at me on the couch.
He acted like he had a tummy ache so he went out and, well, went. Then he seemed okay.

Today he came bounding down the stairs and took a header off the 3rd step from the bottom. He jumped up and shook himself off and then began to moan.

BratChild took him out and he did his business then plopped himself right down.
Then BratChild promptly left to go out and watch the snow fall, from someone else' back yard!
SIX took off right behind...
TeenBoy? Oh he went to play video games at a friend's house as soon as he got home...

Yes, here I sit with THE DOG, listening to him whine while I try to figure out how to come up with money for an emergency vet visit.

Did I mention today is my birthday and I get to spend it with THE DOG...
the one every one but me wanted.

4 comments:

Robin said...

I hope you've figured something out with the dog. Not a great way to spend your birthday, to be sure.

I would desperately like to get rid of our dog. I just don't think I could handle the meltdown my kids would have. What was I thinking when I said yes?

Oh, to be able to go back in time and keep my mouth shut!

KDC Events said...

Visiting from SITS! Happy Birthday! I think THE DOG is cute =) Poor puppy. My little Shih Tzu pulls his leg muscle all the time on the stairs and limps for a few days, then he bounces back.

Anonymous said...

I hope you can come up with the money for the ER visit for your doggie. I love weiner dogs. I grew up with them. They are sweet dogs. I will pray you can get the money together. Poor thing.

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Hope THE DOG is better with those steps. One of my younger sons did the most sit ups in PE last week, and he moaned and moaned on the couch about his stomach hurting, too. Maybe THE DOG discovered stomach muscles he didn't know about! Luckily, I could just tell mine that just showed he was out of shape. Sadly, I guess THE DOG just looks at you when you say stuff like that. But, really, my son did, too!