Get PINK ON PURPOSE

Get PINK ON PURPOSE
GET PINK ON PURPOSE

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Anti-Social Media...yeah

Twitter.
Tweets.
Hashtags.
Mentions.
Pins.
Pinning.

Does anyone know what I am talking about?
Does anyone understand how these things are supposed to work?

Yes, I have a Twitter account.
Yes, I tweet.

Sometimes.

Not because I have nothing to say but because I don't know how to do it correctly.

When do you use a hashtag? And why?
And a mini-url? I know what it is but where does it come from?

I am not Twittering with Sophistication or Savvy and am fully expecting to be cut from Twitter any day now...
Bratchild says they will do that if you don't have any followers...
how about if you don't have anything for your followers to read?

And that Pinterest?
Okay... I have requested to be invited to join...
because I keep getting links to really cool things ...
like photos of idea rooms, recipes, art work and so much more...
pinned to their boards...
from online friends and bloggers for me to check out, find inspiration in and just enjoy.

The problem?

Yeah, Pinterest says I will be getting an invitation to join soon...
Apparently there is a waiting list there...
and I doubt that I will make the cut.

It's like that really cool club you used to just walk right into...
when you were 22 and looked hot and sexy in a mini-skirt and ankle boots ...
it was the 80's people...stay with me here...

but if you tried to walk in now?
That hottie at the door would have you at the curb and into a cab on your way to anywhere else before you could blink an eye!

At least that's how it feels.

I could be wrong.
I could get that Pinterest invite any second now...
And I could go to a club and walk right in and dance all night...

What?
If I'm gonna dream I may as well Dream Big!

2 comments:

Robin said...

Okay, I know how to tweet. That's really all I know. I think I use hashtags correctly, but it's a guess. I've never really seen any evidence of it. And I have no idea how people have conversations on there or join twitter parties (I don't really want to joing a twitter party, but it would be nice not to feel too stupid to do it).

I don't do Pinterest. From what I've read someone needs to invite you; I don't think it has to be the site. Like if a friend uses it they can send you an invite. At least that's what I understand from reading blogs. I chose to avoid it because I don't need another time suck. There are lots of blogs who post about it and say to let them know if you want an invite. I think just about anyone on there would invite you. So I guess you just need to ask one of those friends who keep sending you stuff to look at if they will invite you.

Once you get in, make sure to report on how bad the time suck is.

Hip2Houswife said...

I've always said that Twitter is like Junior High - you never feel like you're in the popular crowd.

Sigh.

Just like the 80s. Some things never change.