Get PINK ON PURPOSE

Get PINK ON PURPOSE
GET PINK ON PURPOSE

Monday, March 3, 2014

On The 3rd Day ...There was MORE Snow!

Yes.
The Fountain in My Front Yard Pond...Frozen...AGAIN
Today is the 3rd day of March and YES...

It is snowing...

AGAIN.

Have I mentioned how much I hate winter?

It's not the season that I hate,
But rather the bitter, never-ceasing cold.

I do not like outdoor winter sports...
flying head-long down a hill at 70 miles an hour...
with only a piece of flimsy wood attached to the bottoms of my feet...
AND NO RELIABLE STEERING DEVICE???

Yeah, so NOT on my list of stuff to do in the winter.

Me?
Hey, I love the outdoors.

I like to walk in the woods.
I love swimming.
Playing kickball.
And soccer.

Spending all day outside in the sun and warm breeze...

That is what I call living.

But...
NOT in winter.

In winter the sun is down when I get home from work at 7am
and down when I go to work at 10:30 at night.

In the winter the wind  is harsh and cold...the kind that chills you to the very marrow of your bones...
and no matter how hard you try...
somehow you can never get warm.
View from the family room doors ...dark and dreary
So, seeing yet more of the wintry mix that the mid-atlantic region is famous for..
I call it sneet-ice...
falling from skies painted a dusty grey...
not unlike the color of the dust bunnies I found under the couch the other day...
The ones large enough to start getting their own junk mail...



With NO SIGN OF THE SUN...

Makes me hate the ground hog...
I am convinced he is in cahoots with the electric company...

While he is holed up in a warm den slumbering away the rest of winter,
and most likely dreaming of SPRING...
the rest of the world can only look out their windows through a haze of blowing snow
at the ice that appears to wink mockingly at us...

Spring WILL come...
it always does.

But I'd really it to hurry up and get here already!

No comments: