Get PINK ON PURPOSE

Get PINK ON PURPOSE
GET PINK ON PURPOSE

Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Heartbreak of Defeat.... or the broken hand... take your pick

SIX broke his hand.
Badly.

Actually, he didn't break it, the kid on the other team did.
Or in the words of SIX, 'Thunder Thighs broke it".

For a team of 11 year olds, there sure were a lot of BIG kids on it.
And by BIG, I mean Thunder Thighs probably weighed in around 230.
No joke!

SIX is 5'5" and 107... just a little difference in size.
But SIX stopped Thunder Thighs from getting the touchdown ... which was good.
His team still lost... which was not so good.

The season officially ended with the play after SIX's hand got crunched... yeah, figures.
No more nightly football practice.
No more Saturday's spent at the field.
No more searching for elusive uniform pads and socks before a game.
That's what our team has to look forward to.

The other team?
According to SIX...
They're at home eating donuts by the fire.
Fattening up for next year.

You know, I think he just might be right about this one.

5 comments:

Carol E Wyer said...

Morning from a wet and windy UK. I know how you feel....my son had his thumb broken when he was about 11 in a hockey match. Again the team he was playing was HUGE. Good news...he grew up to be a huge burly man and now he plays football and frightens his opponents. It's sometimes hard being a Mum.

M said...

Good morning! I totally can see this, some of those kids are getting huge! Almost makes you want to demand steriod testing doent it? Hope Six feel better soon!

BusyMom said...

Sure wish I had a reply to comment button here somewhere...

I think perhaps the problem is steroid-laden meat!
And thankfully surgery was avoided!

Robin said...

Glad there was no surgery needed. I hope he heals quickly and without any complications.

I love football. I love watching my son play football. I love when his football season is over!

I'm always ready to be done with the daily practices, the arguments over showering before he can get on the computer, and the increase in laundry that comes with football.

Chanel said...

I'm sorry to hear about Six's hand. I hope he gets to feeling better now. You are right about the steroid-laden meat. That is why we have 8-year old girls with boobies and periods.