Get PINK ON PURPOSE

Get PINK ON PURPOSE
GET PINK ON PURPOSE

Monday, November 29, 2010

Time to find the Christmas decorations... Thanksgiving 2010 2 1/2

Oh - I almost forgot... as  I sit here with my knee on a pillow thanking GOD that we had green beans instead of the Frozen Peas for T-giving dinner...( you'll find out why in Part 3)

the boys- the ones with only one good hand each... the ones I asked to ask HeMan Hubby where he put the Xmas tree... go walking up the stairs with a step ladder... as I call out to them to NOT GO INTO THE ATTIC... yeah yeah we got it they say...

Then THUMP! CRASH! WHAM! 
Yeppers, drywall and insulation and one TeenBoy falling thru the ceiling...

Can this HOLIDAY be over yet?
I used to feel sorry for kids left at boarding school for the holidays...
Now?
I sort of envy their parents!

PS
HeMan Hubby came to the rescue.
He pulled some drywall that was just chilling in the basement and got the hole covered.

The really cool part is that he made TeenBoy help him... to atone for his stubbornness

But that's not the cool part, the really cool part is that I could hear HeMan Hubby explaining how to measure the area and how to cut the drywall and put it up so the seams would be hidden once taped and mudded and the stucco pattern to match the rest of the ceiling was done.

And TeenBoy? He listened and asked questions and actually learned a thing or two...
While spending some time hanging with his Dad doing some Guy Stuff...

I guess sometimes things really do happen for a reason...


2 comments:

Robin said...

In spite of the hole in the ceiling, I am jealous of this story. The only male bonding time my son spends with his dad is when they play World of War-crack together.

Yay to your hubby.

Anonymous said...

I agree - YAY to your hubby. And I am wishing I had the chaos of a family. Be thankful in the good, bad, and frustrating. Much love Dawn.

Carolyn
www.carriefairythoughts.blogspot.com