Get PINK ON PURPOSE

Get PINK ON PURPOSE
GET PINK ON PURPOSE

Monday, October 3, 2011

I Will Survive... October's Theme Song





In the words of Gloria Gaynor-


You think I'd crumble?  You think I'd lay down and die?


                        OH NO!  NOT I!


                         I WILL SURVIVE!


These words, this song has inspired millions of women...
and men...


To overcome incredible odds...
To fight the un-winnable fight...
To Dream the Impossible Dream...

Choose to Support Cancer Research TODAY!!!!
                                              


Music is a strong motivator.


Music is a strong sensory memory trigger.


Just hearing the 3 opening notes to Queen's Another One Bites the Dust 


transports me instantly to my childhood


to the county football field


to a sunny Fall day


to yet another win for the team I cheered for


and the team I played street football with


and the tackle that really messed up my knee


that I didn't tell anyone about because...


well, I was a girl in a cheerleaders costume playing tackle football with the football team...


I Will Survive...


just those 3 words...

inspire
uplift
give hope
give strength


So...


For all of my friends who are searching for...


In need of...
Praying for...
The strength to carry on....


This is me...
sending a little bit of mine...
To You...


I HEART BOOBIES.... available @ Keep a Breast Foundation
                                           and Zumiez

1 comment:

Robin said...

Beautifully said. Amen!