Get PINK ON PURPOSE

Get PINK ON PURPOSE
GET PINK ON PURPOSE

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Note To Self... Pay Attention, Please!

Good Morning World At Large... 
(Great! Now I have Robin Williams' voice stuck in my head!)

Today's post is brought to you by the letter ... er, no, that's not right...

Let me start again...
(I am a little rusty at this blog writing which serves me right for not making time for it like I should..)
Mama Kat's Writers Workshop
Mama Kat's Writers Workshop

Today's post is brought to you by a prompt from the ever popular and oh so wise and wonderful Mama Kat-------->
and her never ending supply of writing prompts...

The one I chose for this week is...
(drum roll please)

Number 4-  
If you could write a note to your younger self, what would you say in just two words.

And the answer is....

BE YOURSELF

So there you have it folks.
The words of wisdom that I impart to my younger and much less self assured (like my current self is all that much better) self.

And yes, they are only 2 words, but when put together and read in the right context...
and with the right accent, like say, Robin Williams as Genie from Disney's Aladdin...




or in the voice of... OMG! once again Robin Williams as Batty Koda ( the science lab experiment escapee bat with one antennae and only one claw)  from Fern Gully ...

BE. YOURSELF. 

And here I stop to say that quite coincidentally, and without any prior forethought, I have hit upon a subtopic to this post....
Yep, You guessed it...

Robin Williams! 

Who knew that a man who has personal knowledge of the trials and tribulations of pantyhose and brassieres with too many hooks for comfort would have left such profound, yet simplistic advice in my sub-conscience?

Better yet, who would have thunk it? That my sub-conscience would actually send this information back up to my cognitive brain for use?

Well.  Wonders Never Cease ....

I sure hope my younger self appreciates the mental acrobatics required by my older self to find these words of wisdom...
And I sure wish my older self had taken the time to listen to my self a long time ago and done just that...

BE. YOUR. SELF.

Okay... technically, put that way it's 3 words but...
You get the message, right?





No comments: