Get PINK ON PURPOSE

Get PINK ON PURPOSE
GET PINK ON PURPOSE

Tuesday, June 1, 2021

One Small Step... That's All It Takes

 

One small step---

 I began journaling today after a few days of mental and physical exhaustion. 

The post covid syndrome sucks the life energy out of me with the least bit of exertion some days; 

my mental clarity and ability to think, speak coherently, focus and remember simple tasks comes and goes without rhyme nor reason. 

Original photoart by DawnRanae 2022

Today I decided to journal about that one small step.

The one that I took to come out of 5 weeks of isolation in the basement, the one that led me to It's Your Turn, the one that compelled me to join Made To Do This.... 

And the hundreds, thousands, millions of small steps I have taken along this life journey to get to this place I am now in.

 A place where my call to serve remains, but my ability to continue as a nurse is very likely not realistic. 

Because I contracted coronavirus from a patient. 

Because coronavirus infected my heart and brain. 

But I have persevered and overcome many hard times. 

I have been a teen Mom, a statistical anomaly graduating from high school in the top 5% of my class and graduating from nursing school at the same time,  a victim of domestic violence... 

And then, my wonderful husband, my lifelong best friend and the one who always lifted me up and gave me confidence to believe in myself...

Was diagnosed with cancer, and died. 

Leaving me with no money and a home I could no longer afford, 3 kids in college with tuition I could not pay. 

But the worst part was, my ability to dream had died too.

If I can overcome all of that...

I can overcome any deficits coronavirus has left me with...

I can achieve my goals... 

I can dream again... 

All it takes is that one small step. 

This blog is that One Small Step today.

No comments: