Get PINK ON PURPOSE

Get PINK ON PURPOSE
GET PINK ON PURPOSE

Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Real Talk Tuesday - honesty is the best policy


 Today's episode was hard for me to do. But if I am honest, it was also easier than I thought it would be. Admitting to having doubts, feeling like you don't belong, suffer from depression and anxiety is like walking into a room full of strangers naked. Until you realize that everyone else in that room is naked too, is dealing with the very same issues you are and that they are your tribe... As a society it has become acceptable to talk about famous people's intimate lives, discuss sexual orientation, give our opinions on other's people's lives... But opening up the discussion about mental health is Taboo? 

Suicide Hotline: 1-800-273-8255


 Veterans Crisis Line: 1-888-777-4443   


A Book I recommend for every one as an audio book read by the author with extra content not in the paper edition:


Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson aka TheBlogess 


My goal, wish, sincere hope, is that by opening the discussion, by being honest about my struggles, others will feel encouraged to reach out to those who are struggling; that those who are feeling the things I feel, or have their own mental health issues, will be able to open the conversation with their family, friends and really get this topic into the mainstream.  


Let's talk about when you are not OK. 


Let's talk about suicide and how prevalent it is now, how it is affecting all people of all colors and education levels and how we cannot afford to lose one more person to it.  


If talking about my self doubts and feelings of being less than can make a difference for just one person...then overcoming my fear to tell the truth was worth it. 


Follow me on social media and check out my website- where all my passions come together! IG @dawnranae_h   

FB: @colormeeverthing website: www.colormeeverything.com 

FB Group: Beautifully Broken with DawnRanae


https://open.spotify.com/episode/6PTb3VZrgmcWFzh0gwSioC?si=NWBwNI4wQweVyRMVGscvWg&utm_source=copy-link

No comments: