Get PINK ON PURPOSE

Get PINK ON PURPOSE
GET PINK ON PURPOSE

Friday, February 18, 2022

Thanks for the Memories FaceBook!


Memories are a fickle thing.

Amelia Island January 2017... Before my world ended
They can be triggered by anything, and often the worst ones are the first that come to mind.

But, if you move those out of the way,
you just might find the golden nugget memory that makes all the difference in that series of memories.

Like this one, of a day spent in the sunshine and fresh air of Florida...

Sitting at the marina cafe' and making plans for a future there...


My trip to Europe, 3 years ago, was filled with the most amazing experiences and memories... 
Cake Time- Wasserschloss Im Glatt
12/ 2018
and also, some of the most terrifying and lonely moments of my life.

My sister and I went to Glatt.

A little village in the Black Forest, or maybe it is next to the black forest?

Why did you go there, you may ask.
And you may think, Black Forest = Cuckoo clock, right?


Wrong!
Black Forest = Cake Time!
Yes!
They do not open restaurants until , like 6pm.

( at least in the European countries I visited)

So from 1pm to 4pm they have CAKE TIME!

I guess it is like Tea Time,only you can have coffee or tea, and CAKE!

So my sister and I went to the Black Forest for Cake Time...

My sister with her 1/4 cake sized slice and tea  
For 4 Euros you got a pot of coffee and a SLAB of the cake of your choice!

And man, were they tough choices to make!
Black Forest cake (of course), Strawberry Cream cake, Carrot Cake, Chocolate torte and so many more... and we cannot forget the PIES!!!!

It was a border-line diabetics dream meal.

And it was delicious and simply lovely...

The food and the time spent with my sister making memories to last a life time.


My late husband... aka Uncle Grinch
I LOVE the Grinch... the Dr Suess one too

Random photos, memes, posts from loved one long gone...

like a voice from the past reminding you of a private joke, a happier time...

Promises made... and Promises broken....

But real LOVE that never goes away...

Instead, it echoes through the heart, bringing a smile at the memory...

A longing to turn back time and relive those moments again...


As nothing ever happens without a reason...
lessons to be learned, life experiences required to be able to continue healing and moving forward...

Bucket List:
✔Whale Watching
✔Make a new bucket list 



Those Facebook memories pop up to remind us of what we may have forgotten,

to show us how far we've come and perhaps,

even to let us know that we really are going to be ok.
So, Thanks for the memories, Facebook!









Please Follow, Like and Share this blog!
Follow me on social media and check out my website- where all my passions come together!

No comments: