Get PINK ON PURPOSE

Get PINK ON PURPOSE
GET PINK ON PURPOSE

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Let's Get Crazy. Let's Go Nuts!

Nuts, nuts, nuts.

Macadamias, almonds, pecans, pistachios- the green ones, not the ones dyed red.

I love all nuts.

Except peanuts. And a random relative, or two.

They make my throat feel scratchy and my voice gets phlegmy and then I can't swallow around the HUGE lump stuck in the middle of my throat... oh yeah, then I have trouble breathing.

So, I avoid peanuts. And peanut butter. And Snickers. And M&M's...

This peanut thing is new so I'm still figuring out what to avoid.

Who knew peanuts are in ALMOST everything?

Other than the peanut farmers I mean.

Note to self:

If economy contiues to spiral downward... look into becoming a peanut farmer.

If Jimmy Carter could do it, I can too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess this gives me one more thing to be grateful for...not having any adult-onset allergies. Especially an allergy to food. That would probably be the worst, not being able to just grab and eat. I'd be pissed most of the time because, truthfully, I'm hungry all of the time.

On a side note, but not completely off topic--I love the old, pre-symbol Prince.

Annah said...

I'm the same way. Don't like peanuts, but almonds and cashews... HMMM bring 'em!

Mama Hen said...

That is quite something about the peanuts! I love Snickers! I would need some kind of allergy to get me to stop eating those! The things you are thankful for are wonderful. Healthy children and health in general are very important. I hope you have a great day!

Mama Hen

Anonymous said...

I never realized how much we use peanuts in products until my nephew was born. If you do decide to start a peanut farm...please wear gloves...not latex though, lol.