Get PINK ON PURPOSE

Get PINK ON PURPOSE
GET PINK ON PURPOSE

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Can you hold please...

There should be a law against this.

But then, there probably is.

What?

Poor customer service, that's what.

I am sure that, in some obscure legal tome, in some little (or possibly not so little) town, somewhere in the good ole US of A, there IS something that makes poor customer service illegal.

Some old forgotten law to be sure, but probably still enforce-able. (I'm pretty sure that's a word, but if not... you know what I mean, right?)

I mean these are still on the books...

In Alabama it is illegal to wear a fake moustache that causes laughter in church.
( because some of the biblical subject matter doesn't cause a chuckle or 2 on it's
own?)

In Los Angeles it's illegal to cry on a witness stand in any state court.
(And it ruins your makeup)

In Texas a recently passed anticrime law requires criminals to give their victims 24 hours notice, either orally or in writing, and to explain the nature of the crime to be committed.
(Well, yeah I want to know whose in charge of making sure this gets done!)

In New York the penalty for jumping off a building is death. (ya think?)

What we really need is something like:

Anyone participating in, encouraging, or allowing poor customer service to include but not be limited to:

-Hold times in excess of 2 minutes

-Customer service agents named Bob or Bill or Sue with no working knowledge of the
English language

-Being told that your complaint has been Escalated to the next tier (it's not a
frickin' cake people!

-Having to push numbers for 10 minutes to talk to a person, only to be put on hold and have the call disconnected as soon as you hear their voice

-Any representative, of any company, who makes promises to any customer knowing that said promise will never happen...

Shall be subject to a fine of $5000.00 and must pass an accredited Customer Service School;all legal fees and compensation for undue stress and missed time from work will be paid by the Employer of the Poor Customer Service Agent ( aka PCSA which is much nice than some of the things that were running through my mind earlier on the phone with "the cable guy")

Just think how wonderful the world would be IF only some of these pesky customer service problems were resolved.

I know, some one, some where, would still find some thing to complain about...

4 comments:

citymouse said...

Poor customer service is one of my biggest pet peeves. I totally understand.

Stopping by from SITS.

Anonymous said...

Oh that drives me batty too. Especially when you have hit so many numbers before you get a live actual PERSON on the phone. Visiting from SITS and your proporsed law has my vote. ;-)

Jamie said...

Poor customer service is one of my pet peeves too! I feel some "not so fan mail" coming on when I recieve bad customer service.

Sammy said...

Stopping by from SITS...

I hate these new automated services that almost every company has now... I swear it took me about 30 minutes to report a power outage in my neighborhood on Tuesday. And now you can't even hit '0' anymore for an operator, so annoying!