Get PINK ON PURPOSE

Get PINK ON PURPOSE
GET PINK ON PURPOSE

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

If THEY say so... it must be true!

I saw on TV the other night, while flipping the channels, looking for something to watch while I took my nap before work, one of those shows with the Ticker Tape thingy running across the bottom with the stock exchange numbers on it.
I have NO IDEA what channel it was, and only stopped on it because these words were at the top left side of the screen in LARGE BOLD print so I could not miss them...

The Recession is Over!

I saw that and WOWSERS! I thought to myself, good thing they're telling us or else we, the little people, might not have known about it for a while yet!

I had to stop and listen to the analyst who was analyzing the stock market and giving his reasoning for declaring the recession over.

It went something like this:

Obama's stimulus didn't do it.
Financial help for the banking system didn't do it.
Refinancing the National Debt... again... didn't do it.

Corporate America has done it!
By tightening their belts and budgeting.
By re-investing in their companies and their employees.
By increasing productivity while reducing waste and wastefulness.
Corporate America has turned the tide and although Americans are not spending like they were 18 months ago... and the housing market is the worst it's been in 20-30 years... and unemployment is in the double digits nationwide....
Corporate CEO's and head honchos are the reason the recession is over.

We just don't know it.
Or see it.

Yet...
according to Corporate America.

3 comments:

Lesley said...

Yeah, I want to know where "THOSE" people live and work, because the recession is still not off the radar in my corner of the world. I have a friend who just lost her job while she was on maternity leave. To clarify, her job was already slated to be eliminated, but it was finalized while she was out with her baby. They have FOUR kids to feed...I can't even imagine.

Schmucks. (Corporate America)

Unknown said...

Hmm, so is it over or not!? Yeah, times are tough no matter what the tv says. Great article.

CD

Unknown said...

I wish the recession were over!!! To bad I don't believe them. Thanks for visiting my blog!!!