Get PINK ON PURPOSE

Get PINK ON PURPOSE
GET PINK ON PURPOSE

Friday, March 26, 2010

Life After People...

When the world ends what will you do?

I will find the people who have REAL LIFE skills.

The people who know how to grow crops, and turn them into edible things like bread and oatmeal.

Know how to kill and cure a cow for meat and how to get milk from one.

The People who not only can spin there own thread, but can weave it into fabric and then make clothes from that fabric.

The Ones who know which berries to pick to make dye for the cloth and which ones can be eaten or used to make medicines.

The Ones who can build a barn in a morning and a house in a day.

The Ones who have no need for electricity, computers, modern financial institutions or petrol-guzzling vehicles.

That's right...

I'm going to the Amish!

2 comments:

The Guy's Perspective said...

Funny!

When I was a kid my mother got this grand idea she would leave her three kids to live the Amish for a week so we could learn about their ways. I was maybe 7. We drove the whole way there and it was a trip. (OHIO) Anyway, I cried the whole way there and begged her not to leave me. She finally came to her senses!

Theresa Milstein said...

You made me laugh!

I always think about how useless I'd be in a big disaster, if there were few people left in the world. I'd say, "I'll teach your kids about history and write a story." My husband in charge of plants because I kill them. And he's a scientist, bakes good bread, and is mechanically inclined, so find him if you can't find an Amish person.