Get PINK ON PURPOSE

Get PINK ON PURPOSE
GET PINK ON PURPOSE

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Watching the Detective.... Morse that Is!

Windows. Mac. Linux.

These are the operating systems that make our computers run.
When we buy a computer it has one of these on it along with the programs to let us do things like get on the internet, check email, watch dvd's and listen to music, right?

WRONG!

I have a Media Player on my system so I thought when I put a dvd in and turned on the media player, it would play my dvd.

No such luck. Apparently the program does not come with the software "decoder" required to read the dvd's.

After hours of searching for dvd decoders online, and researching the best or most compatible one for my system, I FINALLY got one downloaded and running!

I'm not sure exactly where I found it, or even how at this point, but suffice it to say, I won't be looking for, or downloading any programs in the near future!

I thought the premise behind computers is that they make life easier, save time?

Apparently, no one told my computer!

Is it really worth the hassle just to watch a BBC mystery?

It is if it's Inspector Morse!

1 comment:

RainSplats said...

VLC media player will play almost everything, it's free, and it doesn't require any codecs or updates. Ever.

You can get it free here: http://download.cnet.com/VLC-Media-Player/3000-13632_4-10267151.html