Get PINK ON PURPOSE

Get PINK ON PURPOSE
GET PINK ON PURPOSE

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Where, oh where, have all my thoughts gone?

I have been feeling a bit under-inspired the past week.

Now, not to worry!
I am, almost certainly, sure it is a direct result of the somewhat depressing events of the past month or so...

Death, illness, the kids getting out of school... You know, the normal stuff.

In an attempt to get my creative writing juices flowing I tried using a Random Topic Generator .

It sounded like a good idea at the time... really, it did!

Until I saw some of the topics:

Reasons to not be popular - okay had no idea this was something you could actually choose!

Getting up in the morning - well, first I roll over, then I sit up, then I put my feet on the floor, then I stand up then... Voila' I'm out of bed!

Fun things to do with your lunch - Hmmm, I guess eating it isn't fun enough?

Numerical sight-singing - Ummm, what?

Anti-gravity technology- the only thing I know about this is... astronauts use it to train for outer space... and you float if you have no gravitational pull.

AS you can see by the above topics - and mind you these are the good ones- I was not so sure about the whole topic generator thingy.

But look! It actually worked. Not exactly the way the developer thought, or the way it was marketed for use, but it did generate some blogging material.

Very much like my life, I'd say.

Things, events, plans are made with specific end results in mind.
But rarely, if ever, do the end results actually resemble the original.

Adapt. Go with the flow. Don't sweat the small stuff... and it's all small stuff.

And in the words a a world renowned author :

It's all fun and games until somebody gets a paper cut!

Oh, Come on June 30th...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a variety of topics to write on! You should join Muffin Tin Monday and write about fun lunchs. I write about them every Monday. Fun post! Stopping from SITS!

citymouse said...

Stopping by from SITS...

My entire year has been riddled with very low points. There were times I didn't blog for weeks and then other times it seemed to be the thing that got me through the low points. Remember this is what you do because you enjoy it. Don't sweat it. Your blog is like an old friend, always waiting to spend time with you.

Nancy said...

I've been low on the blog posts lately, too. But now I know NOT to go to the Random whatever generator. Though I must say, your post based on your visit there did make me laugh out loud. No small feat given that I'm deeply depressed about my kids being at camp.
Damn, I miss those annoying little ones!
Thanks for the laugh!