Get PINK ON PURPOSE

Get PINK ON PURPOSE
GET PINK ON PURPOSE

Monday, October 11, 2010

White hat versus black hat

Some people are Optimists... and no, not the Rotary / Good Sam Club / Moose Lodge kind of Optimists.
Some are Pessimists.
And still, others are cynics.

Optimists see the glass as half-full.
Pessimists see the glass as half-empty.
Cynics... a cynic sees another dirty dish to wash... again.

I think that I am joining the ranks of the cynical as I age.
Not intentionally, mind you, but it's happening none the less.

I found myself criticizing a child for being, well, a child.
Albeit, a spoiled and rather conceited child, but still, a child.

I apologized to the Universe, and even though no one else actually heard what I said, I sent a sincere apology his way too.

So, there may be hope for me yet!

But he really was being a jerk... and he tends to be a bully and a know-it-all. But he is only 11...

I also find I am suspect of other's intentions... and not entirely trusting of them.
Even when I KNOW the reason for the what ever it is they're doing and know it is not for selfish gain.

WHO died and made me Caretaker of THE WORLD you ask.
Good frickin question...

I'll get back to you on that...

So if the Optimists are the Good Guys- the White Hat guys ...
And the Pessimists are the Bad Guys- the Black Hat guys...
What color does that make the Cynics???

I know... The Red Hat guys!

We're not good, we're not bad... but we DO have an awesome sense of style!

1 comment:

Ann in the UP said...

Isn't it annoying when children act childish?

I'll keep up with the Red Hat business. (My husband, a Hat Guy, keeps buying me hats, thinking if I have enough of them I'll wear one at some point.) I'm more of a baseball cap person.

But I need a white hat. I'm definitely an optimist. Sometmes I'm a terrified optimist, though.