Get PINK ON PURPOSE

Get PINK ON PURPOSE
GET PINK ON PURPOSE

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Writer's Workshop:
About Me... do you really want to know?

Another Writer's Workshop post from...


Mama's Losin' It


About Me


I don't have an About Me page because, well, I have no idea what to write about myself.
That was sort of the whole reason for the blog in the first place.


My name is Dawn. I started blogging in an attempt to figure out where I'm headed, and how to get there from here.



Why this Blog name?


Dawn means 'a new day' in most dictionaries.
My middle name means 'reborn'.
So my name means 'A new day reborn', which is essentially what a Dawning is.
Every new day is a chance to start over and do it right...


I know.
Sometimes I think too much.


My Family?


I am married.
With children.
Six of them to be exact.

Some are grown.
Some are grown and still live at home.
Some just think they are grown...
and they have to live at home because, well, they're not grown.
(yes this is not a current picture of the kids... but they are still this cute)
















Personal Info... at least the public kind of personal


I enjoy movies and sunsets and walks on the beach...
Tequila and kettle corn and frogmore stew...
Time with my family and friends...
A warm summer day spent on the deck by the pool with a good book...


I HATE Winter and the cold and Snobby people...


I LOVE my husband and children and grand child and Summer weather...
And cheese pretzel Combos and Twix.


My HOBBIES include, but are not limited to:


Crocheting and designing my own patterns to crochet and knit


Painting... the Donna Dewberry Tole painting kind, not the 'this room needs a new color' kind, although I have been known to do that, on a whim, on occasion.


Making jewelry... gemstones and sterling silver all sparkly and girly?
I just can't resist!


Textile crafts - making purses and bags and embellished clothes, like in the fancy magazines, that I can't afford but love... that I always gift away.


Paper crafts... cards, stationary, book marks and don't tell anyone but, scrapbooking- on a very small scale...


What?
My sister is a Stampin'Up demonstrator... gotta support your family, right?




I USED to breed and raise several small parrot species like Peach Faced Lovebirds, Cockatiels and Parrotlets... you can see my aviary website HERE




Yes, I am a bit of a Geek... I mean, Genetics was my hobby!


I have been a nurse for 26 years. Not because I am that old, but because I started when I was so very young...


And I Write.
Stories for my children...
Poems...
Short stories...
My Blog...
And perhaps a novel... if I ever find the time and courage to finish it.


These are just some of the things that I do and like.


They are not Who I Am, but perhaps, in some small way, give my readers a better picture of the person behind the words and wit and sarcasm.


Without having to give away any state secrets or divulge my darkest desires that is.

9 comments:

Erin said...

I hate snobby people too! Or those people who think they are entitled to something!

I love your dawn pic, that's beautiful!

~Brenda said...

I'm with you on hating cold weather and snobby people!

You are a very crafty lady, with beautiful kiddos. :))

Tanya said...

I think you did a fabulous job describing yourself. I feel like I know you a little better. I'm with you and Erin, can't stand snobs! And I love Twix, they are my fav.
Thanks for sharing a bit about you- have a great day!

Anonymous said...

I hate winter! And snobby people too.
Your family is gorgeous! :) Nice to get to know you better - I'm jealous of all your creativity! haha.

Christy said...

I love the meaning of your name! Just beautiful!

Karen and Gerard said...

This is a great "About Me" page. You definitely should use it! I found it very interesting that you had so many hobbies.

Stopping by from writer's workshop. Here's ours: http://zemeks.blogspot.com/2010/10/fat-stutterer-writers-workshop.html

M.Jay. said...

Nice Page... I am right there with winter, I mean who needs the cold anyway. I love what you said about your kids being grown and not so grown, My years are coming.
Visiting from Mama Kat's.

BeadedTail said...

I enjoyed your About Me info. I don't like snobby people either and I love to make jewelry too. Your birds are beautiful!

Thanks for stopping by our blog! We appreciate it!

Cori said...

I too am with you on snobby people!! I think you did a great "about me post" even if it isn't a sticky!!

Enjoyed reading about you and your beautiful family!!