Get PINK ON PURPOSE

Get PINK ON PURPOSE
GET PINK ON PURPOSE

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice... NEW TRANSLATION: Leather and Lace and Black Make-up on Her Face...

I have a daughter.

Actually, I have 3 of them but I have one who is not yet grown, and therefore, is not yet SOMETHING.

You know, a 'When I Grow Up I Want To Be'- fill in the blank, aged daughter.

There is GoodMom. She is exactly that, and so much more.
She is GoodMedicalAssistant.
She is GoodWife.
She is GoodDaughter.
She has found her 'When I Grow Up I Want To Be...' and is GOOD at it!

There is SmartGirl.
She is SmartCollegeGraduate.
She is SmartScienceDegree.
She is SmartWorldTraveler.
She has found her 'When I Grow Up I Want To Be...'
Hopefully, it will find SmartGirl soon.
Being 'Out of Work' SmartGirl is DEFINITELY not what she wants to be at all!

Then there is BratChild.
When she grows up she wants to be a photographer.
Not just ANY photographer... a Wild Life Photographer.
Or the kind that does weddings and photo shoots for models... you know, they're the same, right?
Or she wants to be a Vet. The one that heals animals, not the kind that was in the war.
At least she knows the difference.

So.
I have a daughter.
Who can be anything she wants to be.
She just has to figure out what that is.
And my job is to finance her on her journey to discovery.

Why can't she want to be the cleaning lady, or the sanitation worker, or the mail carrier?

Cuz I can give her plenty of 'practice' for those jobs...

No comments: