Get PINK ON PURPOSE

Get PINK ON PURPOSE
GET PINK ON PURPOSE

Thursday, April 1, 2010

It's not about a game, it's about life... and how to live it the right way... God, I hope I get it right!


One of the reasons I started blogging, this blog in particular, is that I wanted to try to find ME. Not ME the Mom, or ME the nurse, or wife or PTA president or volunteer or jewelry maker or crochet designer or mad bird-breeder lady...

But ME... who I am and what makes me tick.

That's tick, not get ticked-off.

I watched a lot of TV last week, being as I was laid out on the couch in agony from my back and all. There's not a lot of good TV going on during the day, I don't care how many channels you have!

But, I did manage to get 'The Blindside', or rather when GirlChild called from the Wal-Mart where I had sent her to pick up a few things so we wouldn't starve to death, and reminded me that it was now available, along with 'New Moon', and how she knew I wanted to get both of them and since she was there, and using my money anyway, shouldn't she just pick them up too?

Well of course she should! And she did. And I watched 'The Blindside'.

And I LOVE that woman! The Mom in that movie is the woman I want to be. No, she is the person I want to be. Forget gender or race or bank balance. I want to be that good, and kind and, just plain strong and self-assured.

I love Sandra Bullock and boy-howdy , did they pick a winner in her as the leading lady, Leigh Anne Tuohy.

Okay- I know what you are saying. It's a movie about football... Yeah.It is.
But no, it's really not. Just about football that is.

It's about faith and family and unconditional love... and keeping promises.
It's about being there because you said you would, because you gave your word and that's the most valuable thing a person can give.

I know I joke around A LOT about things my family does or things I do, or wish I'd done. But in this I am most sincere.

I want to be like Leigh Anne Tuohy.

And I want the Leigh Anne Tuohy's of the world to out-number the rest of the population.

I figure, if I dreaming, I might as well dream big....

And well, You can't much bigger than Michael Oher... or his Momma, Leigh Anne Tuohy.

Oh, and just because I live in the Baltimore area, please do not think I am a Ravens fan... I am a Michael Oher and a Redskin fan...

Like I said... I dream BIG...
Go Skins!

Oh- and here is the letter I would have sent Ms. Tuohy if I knew how to get one to her...

Dear Ms. Tuohy,

Thank You for being You.
Thank You for caring about others, and teaching your children to do the same.
And thank your husband for understanding you and who you are and need to be.

From the bottom of my heart and with everything I have, I thank you for the example you set in living the life you do.

I wish you and your family all the best in everything... And even though I am a Redskin fan I watch Michael ( and the Ravens) because I think he is one awesome and very lucky guy... and he is an awesome football player.

Sincerely,

Dawn @ Dawning

6 comments:

Jenny said...

I loved that movie, too! She was amazing in that role! I hope your back feels better soon!

Gay Vaughan said...

Dawn,
Thank you so much for your sweet and kind comment on my blog about my daughters photography! And I love this post! It was a great movie, but the message was plain and clear and that was the best part. Thanks for finding me so I can enjoy more of your posts.
~Gay~
itsahodgepodgelife.blogspot.com

Cheryl said...

I've not seen it yet but it is on my list. I am completely intrigued and relieved to know that there are people like that out there

The Guy's Perspective said...

Sorry about your back. Mine is killing me from pitching batting practice to my kid's baseball team yesterday.

Someone once told me, "No one can ever be better at being you than you."

So that's what I strive to do. At least I don't have any competition!

Happy Friday!

Lauren said...

Hope your back is doing better! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

I'm a Marylander, too! But Ravens or Redskins either way I refuse to watch football, lol! I did once do a wall mural for a Redskin who lives here in NC though...

Ms. Sarah said...

I have to agree with you. I loved that movie. Not only did I love her. I loved her sons networking skills all the same. I am stopping by from sits saturday. have a great weekend