Get PINK ON PURPOSE

Get PINK ON PURPOSE
GET PINK ON PURPOSE

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Nothing is Ever Settled until it's settled right -Rudyard Kipling

In the event that you think I read that, I didn't.

I heard it quoted by Miss Marple on Mystery! on PBS.

I LOVE BBC shows like Miss Marple and Poirot and Inspector Morse.

And, although both Miss Marple and Poirot are Agatha Christie characters, I have never read an Agatha Christie novel.

Maybe I should. I am probably missing out on some really good literature.

If the BBC screenwriters are anything at all like American screenwriters, all the really good details from the books have been left out.

But then, if that is true, I would hate to read the books and see what was left out, thereby ruining my appreciation for the film versions.

These are the things I worry about. Sad, but true.

Probably why I don't read Jane Austen novels either.
Well that, and the language is tedious... and boring.

Sorry Jane, but that's the way I feel.

No comments: