Get PINK ON PURPOSE

Get PINK ON PURPOSE
GET PINK ON PURPOSE

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Where Have All the ... Good Ones? Gone

Does the Honey Nut Cheerios Bee have a name?

Where did Tony the Tiger get his name? And where did he go?
I haven't seen any "They're GRRRRREAT!" commercials in a while.

Then there's the Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs guy,er, bird.
A bird wearing striped pajamas? Or is he a Jail Bird and those are his prison clothes?

Fruity Pebbles I get. Fred Flinstone is there with Barney because they work in a rock quarry and Fred named his kid Pebbles. Okay, fair enough, Barney did name his kid Bam-Bam. They're both idiots. But I get the connection to the cereal.

I guess the problem is that these characters are no longer common figures in Pop Culture ( I just love using that term, it makes me sound like I might be smart!).
Like Scooby-Doo and Josie and the Pussycats and Land of the Lost (the real one not the awful movie version) and just about every other Saturday Morning TV show character from our childhoods, cereal box characters are becoming extinct.

Or they just don't make any sense.

And there is the problem as I see it...

The world doesn't make sense anymore and it's getting worse...

Time to pay a visit to Lucky and Toucan Sam... before they go extinct too!

1 comment:

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Just stopping by to thank you for visiting me on my SITS day and leaving me some blog love! Everyone was so sweet and I really enjoyed the day!

Blessings,
LMM